Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oh my gosh! Double Birthday!

So last week was my first run-in with the double birthday week yet.  My daughter's birthday (she turned 1!) is the day after mine, so we had two separate parties, both being fairly large.  It's good to have friends who will come over for two very busy, very hot parties. 

Being 7 months pregnant with a now-one-year-old has shown some different and interesting challenges.  These challenges have particularly affected my brainspace lately.  My husband threw me a surprise birthday party.  His ruse was that we were going to dinner and my mom was going to watch the baby.  We went to drop off the baby, and "surprise!"  I was surprised and mostly confused.  I thought, "how rude, doesn't my mom know we are going to dinner?"  Then after a long pause, I thought to myself, "no, I think we will stay for this nice party."  It took me 10 minutes to realize that my husband had been in on it the whole time!  Little to no oxygen is getting to that so-called intelligent brain of mine...

Saturday, we threw the baby a birthday party, and it was so hot.  Needless to say, I checked out right before the party started...  Like I said, it's good to have such great friends who not only put up with me but also help out when I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment