Thursday, November 10, 2011

My yummy milkshake

So yes, I am nursing two babies now and I need all the nutrients and calories I can get (especially protein and fat!).  I am particularly loving eating in the Nourishing Traditions way.  This is my favorite milkshake.  I have it at least twice a day.  It is important that the milk be non-homogenized at least (raw is preferable if you can get it!), and the eggs cage-free.  Cooking the eggs kills the enzymes that help us digest foods, particularly fats and cholesterol.  Also, the yolk makes the shake super creamy.

My milkshake:

1 raw egg
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup half and half
1 scoop vanilla whey protein
1/4 cup kefir

Place all ingredients in a shaker, or if you are fancy, a blender with some ice.
Shake or blend away and enjoy!

It's so yummy, IMO

No comments:

Post a Comment